What this policy covers
The data controller is ADS (referred to in this policy as “we”, “us” or “our”). ADS is a company with a registered address of 33 Creek Road, Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria. This policy also covers our group companies including subsidiaries as defined by the Companies Act 2006.
We respect your privacy and have implemented policies and procedures to remain compliant with data protection regulations including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This privacy and cookies policy:
- Sets out the types of personal data that we collect;
- Explains how and why we use your personal data;
- Explains who we share your personal data with;
- Explains your rights you have about your personal data; and,
This policy refers to “our services” and “our products”, this means that this policy applies to any quote/sales enquiry or contract of sale either as our customer or our supplier. This policy also applies if you contact us or we contact you about our services or products.
The personal data that we collect
When you make a sales enquiry to us, enter into a contract of sale, access our website or sell goods to us we may collect some or all of the following:
- Your personal details, including your name, address, email address and telephone number(s).
- Where relevant, your credit card details or bank account information (this policy only applies to these data types in your personal capacity if applicable).
- Analytical and tracking cookies (see section 9).
Your personal information may be collected via forms on our websites, internet cookies, or by corresponding with us by phone, email, post or otherwise.
How we use your personal data
The table below shows how we use your personal information and our legal basis for processing it. One, several or all of the legal basis for processing may apply to you in each scenario.
|How we use your information||Our legal basis for processing|
|To provide and manage your customer/supplier account and manage our relationship with you.||
|To obtain information from credit reference agencies.||
|To handle enquiries and complaints.||
|To provide our services and/or products to you.||
|To improve our services to you and other customers.||
|To contact you by post, phone, email to keep you informed about our products and/or services that may be of interest to you.||
|To protect our business interests.||
Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal information with any of our group companies, which means any of our holding companies or subsidiaries as defined by the Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your personal data with third parties for the following purposes:
- Partners, suppliers and/or sub-contractors for the fulfilment of any contract we have with you.
- Our software providers to allow storage of your data in a secure manner and within the EEA.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is required for your application of credit terms with us.
We do not routinely transfer your personal data outside of the EEA. Where we need to investigate a complaint with any of our products that requires us to contact our suppliers located outside of the EEA, we will obtain your permission to transfer such data, or redact it from such communications with our suppliers. For more information about the safeguards we have in place for personal data transfers outside of the EEA, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
With the exception of paragraph 5, all information you provide to us is stored on secure servers within the EEA. This includes any backups of such data which is stored in the EEA and is encrypted for your security.
We cannot accept responsibility for, nor can we guarantee the security of your personal data when transmitted between our respective servers. Such transmission is at your own risk.
In the absence of a statutory requirement to retain personal data for a longer period, personal data will be retained for the duration of the business relationship plus 6 years.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data. See section 8 below.
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data (through this privacy notice)
- The right to access your personal data, usually referred to as a subject access request.
- The right to have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed if it is incomplete.
- In certain circumstances, the right to have your personal data erased from our systems and records.
- In certain circumstances, the right to restrict or suppress your personal data (i.e. limit the way in which we use your personal data).
- The right to data portability (i.e. the right to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without affecting it’s usability)
- In certain circumstances, the right to object to us processing your data.
- Rights in relation to automated individual decision making. Neither ADS nor its related group companies or subsidiaries carries out this type of data profiling.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact ADS at email@example.com
You will usually not have to pay a fee to exercise any of your rights listed above. However, we may charge a reasonable admin fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
In most cases, we will need to see identification from you to ensure the security of yours and others’ personal data on our systems. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request assist in our response and to provide you with the requested data in a quicker time frame.
We endeavour to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. If we envisage that your request will take longer than this, we will contact you.
We use two types of cookies on our websites: analytical and targeting cookies. Analytical cookies enable us to track the number of visitors to our websites and how they navigate them. This enables us to optimise our site for a better user experience. Targeting cookies record your visit to our websites and how you have navigated around them, including the links you have clicked. This information allows us to tailor content to you. We may share this information with third parties to enable us to do this.
Changes to this notice and your duty to inform us of changes
We reserve the right to make changes to this privacy notice at any time. Where material changes are made, you will be notified accordingly. Minor changes will be updated on this page, therefore please review this notice regularly.